1. I understand that I may begin borrowing clothing from the Community Closet from my second trimester onwards. I will provide my due date as verification for this purpose, as well as to calculate the Final Clothing Return date.
2. To protect inventory, I must leave a Credit Card on file at the time of my first clothing order pick-up. I will not be charged for normal wear and tear. I will only incur additional charges if I seriously damage or do not return clothing.
3. I must pick up my first clothing order myself, and cannot send someone else on my behalf. Anyone can return my order. (All pick-ups and deliveries amidst the ongoing pandemic will be contactless.)
4. CommUnity Maternity will email me to organize pick-up of my order only after I have 1) created an online customer account, 2) paid the membership fee, and 3) submitted a completed Make My Bundle order form.
**CommUnity Maternity is unable to ship/deliver clothing orders to homes via mail/courier at this time. Orders are distributed bi-weekly and therefore may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
5. My Final Clothing Return will be 8 weeks after my due date. Anyone may return my order.
**Alternatively, for a $15 fee, I am aware that I can have my Final Clothing Return picked-up from my home or office by filling out the form "Book At-Home Clothing Return” here. The pick-up must be booked and confirmed at least 8 days prior to the Final Clothing Return deadline.
6. I will launder the clothing according to the garment’s care instructions- and when applicable with mild detergent- 1) upon receiving my order and 2) before returning my order to the Closet.
COVID-19 PANDEMIC: In an abundance of caution, we advise that clothing is washed both before wearing and before returning. (We also quarantine returned clothing for 1 week before re-distribution.)
7. I understand that I must become a member of CommUnity Maternity to be able to borrow clothing.
8. Sliding scale membership fees are available for anyone unable to pay the full membership fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Apart from the $125 Membership Fee, I will not be charged for anything else unless I:
- seriously damage clothing items (I will not be charged for normal wear and tear)
- do not return clothing items (see applicable charges detailed bellow). An item is considered unreturned (vs late) 12 weeks after due date
- return clothing items later than 8 weeks after my due date ($25 fee)
- choose to book a $15 pick-up for my Final Clothing Return
- purchase a Community Day event ticket
When I pick up my first order, I will leave a Credit Card on file for these purposes. I will not be charged for normal wear and tear of clothing.8. The laundering and mending charges (separate charges) for each returned, damaged or unlaundered clothing item is as follows (you will not be charged for normal wear and tear):
- casual t-shirts, tank tops, sweaters, pants, dresses: $5
- dressy shirts, blouses, sweaters, pants, skirts, dresses $8
- special occasion dresses, and jackets $20
9. The charge for each unreturned, lost or stolen clothing item is as follows:- casual t-shirts, tank tops: $25
- casual sweaters, pants, dresses: $50
- dressy shirts, blouses, sweaters, pants, skirts, dresses: $75
- Special occasion dresses, and jackets: $200
10 I understand that I will be charged a $25 fee for clothing items that are returned late (after my Final Clothing Return Date).
11. I understand that I may borrow up to 12 items of clothing at a time, of which there is a maximum lending limit of 3 nursing tops, and rental limit of 1 Special Occasion Dress (Short Term, 1 week loan only) at a time, one bathing suit at a time, one coat at a time, and 1 sleepwear outfit at a time.
Phew! Now that's out of the way, let's get back to the fun part! Shopping!